Top Ten Reasons to Become a CPA (In Sacramento)
10. The tax code and regulations contain more than one million words. Consider it a full employment act.
9. Friends will never ask you to help them move, because they already asked you to do their taxes.
8. You will learn that the letters “IRS” stand for more than “I’m really stupid.”
7. Your Rotary Club will make you treasurer without doing a background check.
6. You can get out of giving speeches because everyone presumes you’re boring (and they would be right).
5. When people ask what you do for a living, you can say: “Ever hear of Enron? Yeah, I did that!”
4. When you’re in Judge Abbott’s courtroom, and Dave asks you, “What is 2 + 2,” you can say, “What do you want it to be?”
3. Competition for the title “World’s Funniest Accountant” is weak, really weak.
2. You can become eligible to join the world’s smallest club: CPA’s that write well.
1. You can successfully cruise for dates in the binder aisle at Staples.